Car Rental in France
The stunning beauty of France can best be explored by renting a car and having the freedom to cruise around with our well-geared car rental programmes through our partners.
Which car to book:
We offer a wide range of vehicles for different seating and luggage requirements, although specific models are not guaranteed.
Each rental day is defined as a period of 24 hours.
Driving license requirements:
Each driver must present a valid international driving license and a license from their country of residence, which must have been held for at least 12 months.
Minimum driving age, young and additional drivers:
Most countries have a minimum driving age of 21 years with surcharges for young as well as additional drivers.
Some common insurance covers are briefly described below. Although standard insurance is normally included in our package, we recommend you purchase additional insurance cover at the time of rental.
1. Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or Loss Damage Waiver (LDW):
Protects you from most financial responsibilities (except for a basic initial charge), if the rental car is damaged.
2. Excess Waiver Reduction/Non-waiverable Responsibility (EWR/NWR):
Reduces or removes the excess that CDW does not cover in case of damage to the rental car.
3. Personal Accident Insurance (PAI):
Provides cover for loss of life and bodily injury caused directly by an accident.
4. Theft Protection (TP):
Provides cover against loss of car if it is stolen.
What is excluded from your car rental:
Airport taxes, additional insurance other than that specified in your package, fuel, parking charges, any applicable fines and optional services such as baby seats and out-of-hours delivery are payable directly at the rental location.
Collecting your car:
• Proceed to the car rental desk, normally located in the arrivals area of the airport. Some airports operate a shuttle that takes you to the rental kiosks located away from the terminal building.
• Hand over your Emirates Holidays voucher to the representative or at the rental desk. This is to avoid the rental amount being charged to your credit card.
• You will be required to provide a security deposit for which a credit card is essential. This deposit may be authorised against your card and may reduce your available credit limit.
• Please check the rental agreement and vehicle check-in document that has been issued.
Returning your car:
Look out for the ‘Car Rental Return’ sign at the airport while returning your car. A representative of the car rental company will check-in the car and any problems with the vehicle or damage to it should be addressed at this point. Outstanding dues should be paid at the car rental counter. Please ask for a copy of the closed rental agreement, where you can check charges billed directly to you.
Fuel and refuelling options:
All cars will have a full tank of fuel on collection and you are advised to refuel the car prior to returning the vehicle, to avoid a refuelling service charge payable directly to the rental company.
You may collect your vehicle at one location and return it at another location. This should be booked at the time of reservation, as additional charges may apply.
Driving out from the country of rental:
Customers picking up and dropping off the rented car in the same country, but intending to take the car out of the country of rental, must inform Emirates Holidays of this at the time of reservation, as restrictions may apply.
Cancellation, amendment, no-show and early return of car:
Your booking is subject to cancellation, amendment and no-show charges. Should you return the vehicle earlier than the scheduled date, a refund is not normally possible.